Friday, September 17, 2010

Daily Routines

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it." -Matthew 16:24-25

Lately, I have been really challenged by this verse. While I have read it numerous times, I honestly don't think I truly understood what it actually meant, until now. Living and working overseas is an amazing learning experience and I find myself being stretched daily. But if someone were to tell me a few months ago, that I would one day find myself living a "comfortable" life in Uganda...I would have thought that they were crazy! How could someone, ever find themselves comfortable...when you are so far out of our comfort zone??

However, recently I have found just that. It is easy, no matter where you live, to fall into the daily routines of life: Get up, go to work, go home, and go to sleep. When you work in ministry, it is especially easy, to just focus on pouring into the people you work for or with. But somewhere down the line, I believe that we have forgotten that God has called our lives to be a ministry. We need to be open and receptive to what the Lord has in store for us each day...even if it means not accomplishing everything on OUR "lists." We need to completely die to ourselves and be fully surrendered to what Lord has in store.

This is not always easy and so each day I find myself asking God to help me walk in everything He is calling me to do....and each day I am blown away by things that are happening. I am so blessed for this amazing opportunity and I can't wait to see what Lord is going to do over the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment