Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kids of the Future!

I know it has been a while since I last blogged but...I am officially on the ground in Uganda! The team from Rock Harbor left a few days ago to head back to the states, after an AMAZING 2 week missions trip. (For more information on what we did visit: www.rockharbor.org/blog/uganda/)

I don't officially start my job until the end of July but I have already been over to the house and met all the girls from Purse of Hope! Words can not even express how excited I am for this wonderful opportunity. I am so blessed to be able to work with the these bright, caring, and motivated girls. (Plus I love that they call me "Auntie!!!") Just yesterday we took them on a field trip to tour Gulu University in hopes of inspiring them to work hard in school. All of the girls are incredibly talented and have aspirations, hopes, and dreams for their futures. Our mission is just to provide them with the tools to make those dreams a reality. Look out Gulu because here come the next lawyers, journalists, nurses and teachers!







1 comment:

  1. keep the updates comin'! AT LEAST me and your grandma are reading your blog.
    Many more followers to come.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete